Davidson is located approximately 15 km from the Sydney CBD. It’s a relatively small suburb with impressive sandstone and bushland surrounds and comprising of approximately 940 homes.
Davidson was named after Sir Walter Davidson, Governor of New South Wales from 18th February 1918 to 4th September 1923, with residential developments not beginning until the second half of the 19th Century. Housing divisions are relatively large, with residential properties typically 700sqm or greater in size.
Kambora Public School, located on Kambora Road and St Martins Catholic Primary School, located on Prahran Avenue, are the 2 primary schools for Davidson with Davidson High School, however the high school is actually in nearby Frenchs Forest, located on Blackbutts Road.
The Eucalyptus trees and Liquid Ambers that line the streets of Davidson provide a pleasant backdrop for those living in the suburb, as does the elevation the suburb provides with views over Garigal National park, which also stretch from the city to the blue mountains. One natural attraction is the Cascade bush Walk which goes for over 3 km’s.
One of Davidson’s main attractions at Christmas is the Borgnis Street Christmas lights, well known for its light display during the holiday season and draws families from all over Sydney in the lead up to Christmas.
Forest Coach Lines provides transport for the residents offering regular services to the City, Chatswood Forest Way Shopping Centre and St.Ives.